Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"One"derland Part 2


I've been staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to work on all the little details for Juliana's big party! Here is an update on what I've been doing and what's to come :)

The CAKE- for the cake I’m going to do a traditional “MAD HATTER’S” topsy turvy cake, only the top tier will be a tea-pot with the top of the pot as a party hat! Just like the picture of my sketch that I posted on the last blog. The invite will also be the inspiration for the cake! For Jules special smash cake, I'm going to do a little tea cup (that matches the teapot on the top of the big cake) just her size :) I can't wait to see what she does with it since it probably won't look like a cake at all!! She has a toy tea set that she plays with every day so this should be interesting.

Invitations-the first impression folks will get of our shin-dig, so it has to be awesome! The custom invites are turning out so cute! I sent my sketch to a good friend who put her graphic touch to them and colored them in via computer. Thanks Natalie!! They really do look awesome now! I’m going to hand cut them and embellish them with a sparkling pom pom for the hat topper and add some jewels and glitter to some of the details.: The wording will be fun and in line with our party theme-“Don’t be late…. For this very important date!” Join us in “ONE-derland” to Celebrate the Queen of Hearts First Birthday! Location/Time/Date…
RSVP to Mommy or “OFF with your head!” All of this sealed in a hot pink envelope w/ some heart confetti and we are on our way to a very “Un-Birthday” tea party!



Favors-little mirrors & bedazzled heart sun-glasses in fuzzy purses for the girls and pocket watches and playing cards for the little boys tucked in some crazy top hats…. Along with some treats that say “eat me” and straws that say “drink me”. I keep adding to the favor bags but we have to keep some things a surprise!! Of course I’ll post pics after the party of everything.

Next week I’ll blog about the décor and food and our location-so flutter back by!
Love Love-Michelle

No comments: